Built in the mid-17th century by the Mangilli, a family of merchants originally from Lombardy, it was renovated in the following century.
The villa is entered through the wrought-iron gate between two stone ashlar pillars topped by amphorae that decline at the sides in two volutes. Overlooking the garden, past the two semicircular fishponds, are the two barchesse and the villa, preceded by a balustraded staircase. The entrance portal bears above an elaborate architrave the Mangilli family crest, and the chimneys are embellished with cusped pinnacles.
Visible on the road is the chapel dedicated to the Nativity of Mary, erected in 1676 and renovated in the 19th century.