Palazzo Asquini stands in the historic center of the city of Udine at the foot of the castle on Via Manin. The palace complex consists of two main bodies connected by two secondary bodies; to the west a gallery with rooms to the east monumental staircase; between the two bodies a small courtyard and posteriorly a rectangular garden.
The Palace has been owned by the Asquini family since 1772, when Count Fabio Asquini, a distinguished agronomist, purchased it from the Pavona family.
The current appearance of the facade of the Palace, designed by architect Giuseppe Zandigiacomo, dates from 1857. The facade was completely restored in the second part of 2021, both in the stone cornices and by restoring it to its original yellow 700 color. On the main floor is a private oratory with an altarpiece depicting the Most Holy Conception by Venetian painter Pier Antonio Novelli dated 1794.
The facade of the second body of the palace is the one facing the castle. A sixteenth-century stone staircase between two rusticated pillars connects the lowest part of the garden with the first terracing, which is followed by five more terraces connected by a long stone staircase up to the cypress terrace at the top of the Castle hill. This last tier of the garden still shows the only remaining survivor of the 7 Austrian bombardment defense works built after the uprisings of 1848.